- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Associate
- The Hague (NL)
- +31 70 416 67 22
- "The field of patents is multidisciplinary having legal, commercial and technical aspects. Good advice should cover all these aspects"
Michiel Dokter started at V.O. in 2008, after graduating in chemistry at Leiden University in 2006.
Michiel's expertise lies in the general field of chemical patents, and in particular in the field of polymer chemistry, organic synthesis, pharmacology, food technology and inorganic chemistry. He has substantial experience in drafting and prosecution of patent applications and advising on patentability and infringement. Michiel enjoys to combine his technical and legal expertise to ‘translate’ experimental research into patents.
Michiel considers it an important aspect of his work to make insightful to clients how the patent system works in order to help in making informed decisions on research and business strategy.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2008-present)
- MSc in Chemistry, Leiden University (2006)
- Propaedeutic diploma in Psychology, Leiden University (2006)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Inorganic chemistry / materials science
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Polymer chemistry