- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Partner
- Amersfoort (NL)
- +31 33 422 73 00
- "In the end it’s all about the value that the patent adds to the product"
Mark Einerhand has been active in the patent world since 1998, when he made the switch from a biotech startup to V.O.
Mark's career started in science. After his studies of molecular biology at the University of Amsterdam, he took his PhD in medical science inLeiden, in 1992. He was a visiting scientist at Cornell University in New York and the MRC at Mill Hill in London.
His particular expertise lies in the field of medical (bio)technology, diagnostics and medicines. Because of his background at Introgene/Crucell, Mark has a special affinity with Life Science startups. He has a wide experience in patent cases before the court in The Hague.
Mark is Head of the Amersfoort office of V.O.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (1998-present)
- IntroGene (now Crucell), Rijswijk (1995)
- Post-Doc at Leiden University (1993)
- Medical Research Council, Mill Hill, London (1992)
- Visiting Scientist, Cornell University New York (1992)
- PhD in Medicine, Leiden University (1992)
- MSc in Biochemistry, University of Amsterdam (1987), Major in Molecular Oncology, Dutch Cancer Institute
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Agreements / contracts
- Biomedical technology
- Cell biology and genetics
- Health products
- Legal scans
- Life Science
- Lifecycle management
- Medical diagnostics
- Medical foods
- Medical sciences
- Medical technology
- Co-author of article 'The patentability of stem cells in Europe', IAM Life Sciences 2015.
- Einerhand, M.P.W. (2011): Advance offering of generics found to infringe. Managing Intellectual Property: Vol 205: page: 87.
- Einerhand M.P.W. (2010): A contribution to: Legal and intellectual property issues associated with stem cells. In: Stem Cells; scientific facts and fiction, (C. Mummery; I. Wilnut, A van de Stolpe and B.A.J. Roelen), Academic Press: Elsevier.
- Einerhand M.P.W. and van Melle, J (2004): Patenting of inventions in the field of bio-informatics. In: The new avenues in Bioinformatics, (Seckbach, J and Rubin, E eds), Kluwer Academic Publishers, the Netherlands.
- Principle inventor on Patents and Patent Applications: Einerhand, M.P.W. and Valerio (1997). WO 98/32870: US 6,232,105: A conditional replication and expression system. Einerhand, M.P.W. and Valerio (1997). WO 99/32647: Adeno-associated virus and adenovirus chimeric recombinant viruses useful for the integration of foreign genetic information into chromosomal DNA of target cells in gene therapy. Einerhand, M.P.W. and Valerio (1996). WO98/24924: NZ 336185: Transduction of primate hemopoietic repopulating stem cells. Einerhand, M.P.W. and Valerio (1995). WO 97/20943: US 6,140,103: Regulated protein expression in stably transfected mammalian cells. Einerhand, M.P.W. (1992) Gene transfer into hemopoietic stem cells: prospects for human gene therapy. University of Leiden.
- Speaking at Leiden Futurelab (2014), International post-graduate learning centre for physician-researchers and biomedical scientists who have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Speaking at GLOBAL IP Convention, Bangalore, India (2013)
- Speaking at DutchCC Studiedag Monoclonalen, Vianen, the Netherlands (2012)
- Speaking at C5 19th Forum on Biotech Patenting, London, England (2010)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the Steering Committee World IP Forum 2015
- Former member of the European Qualifying Examination committee III