- Trademarks & Designs
- Trademark and Design Attorney , Associate
- The Hague (NL)
- +31 70 416 68 30
- "It is important to understand clients’ business well. Thinking along with the client and including aspects such as marketing and costs leads to optimal expert advice"
Denys Bertels started as a Trademark Attorney at V.O. in 2008. Before that she studied Civil law (1995) at Leiden University, where she specialized in intellectual property law.
Denys has considerable experience looking after the interests of not only small and medium size corporations but also of multinational corporations and representing them before the Benelux Office of Intellectual Property, WIPO as well as before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Her approach is to use her legal expertise for the practical and commercial interests of her clients to obtain optimal protection of their intellectual property rights. Next to general portfolio management, Denys represents clients in conflict and opposition cases. Her experience extends to strategic advice and drafting co-existence agreements and declarations, keeping in mind the legal position and commercial interests of the client.
- Trademark and Design Attorney, V.O. (2008-present)
- Trademark and Design Attorney, Nederlands Octrooibureau NLO (1999-2008)
- Trademark and Design Attorney, Shieldmark (1997-1999)
- LLM in Civil law, Leiden University (1995)
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Benelux Trademark and Design Attorney
- Customs declaration
- Design protection
- Domain names
- Law, Dutch
- Law, civil law / corporate law / insolvency law
- Law, intellectual property
- Trade names
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the Benelux Association for Trademarks and Designs (BMM), the Association des praticiens du droit des marques et des modeles (APRAM), the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG) and the International Trademarks Association (INTA)