Lars de Haas
- Mechanics, Physics and Electronics
- Patent Attorney , Senior associate
- The Hague (NL)
- +31 70 416 67 46
- "The legal maze of patent law can be pretty hard to understand. I find it my role to make it easier to help you find your way through this maze"
Before joining V.O. in 2001, Lars de Haas worked at the Philips Research laboratories in the field of machine learning, artificial intelligence and image recognition. He is still an active hobby programmer in these fields.
In 1990 he joined the patent department of Philips Electronics, where he worked as a patent attorney and specialized in the fields of computer software, user interfaces, computer architecture, circuit design and testing.
He works as a patent attorney on patents in the fields of telecommunication, antennas, optics, semi-conductor manufacturing technology, solar cells and mechanical systems. Lars focuses mainly on patent prosecution, among others for multinationals and knowledge institutes, and is regularly asked for cases with a complex theoretical background.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2001-present)
- Philips Electronics
- Stichting FOM
- Leiden University
- Ph.D. in Physics, Leiden University (1984), training in software and circuit design
- MSc in Physics, Leiden University (1976)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Appliances / electronics
- Consumer products
- Electrical engineering
- Energy and sustainability
- Information technology
- Nuclear physics
- Process technology
- Software / computer