- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Associate
- The Hague (NL)
- +31 70 416 68 91
- "If protection of intellectual property begins to disappear, creative companies will disappear or never get started (Steve Jobs)"
Belinda Haupt has been active in the patent world since 2009, when she made the switch from managing a medical research programme to V.O.
Prior to that, Belinda studied chemistry at the University of Newcastle. She then undertook her PhD in polymer science at the Australian National University, in 1998. Following this, she worked as a postdoctoral researcher in biophysics at Leiden University, and in nano-medicine at University College London.
Belinda’s goal is to provide a tailor-made approach for every client, ensuring prompt delivery of work and efficient communication. Her focus is on obtaining patent protection for her client’s inventions and strategically managing their patent portfolios.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2013-present)
- Programme Manager for the Invention for Innovation (i4i) programme, LGC Ltd, Teddington, London (2008-2009)
- Postdoctoral researcher, University College London, London (2005-2008)
- Postdoctoral researcher, Leiden University (2002-2004)
- PhD in Chemistry at the Australian National University (2002)
- BSc Honours in Chemistry, The University of Newcastle (1998)
- BSc in Chemistry, The University of Newcastle (1997)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Medical technology
- Physical chemistry
- Polymer chemistry
- Polymer physics
- B.J. Haupt, M. Osbourn, R. Spanhoff, S. de Keijzer, A. Müller-Taubenberger, E. Snaar-Jagalska and T. Schmidt, “Asymmetric elastic properties of Dictyostelium discoideum in relation to chemotaxis”, Langmuir, 23, 9352-9357 (2007)
- B.J. Haupt, A.E. Pelling and M.A. Horton, “Integrated Confocal and Scanning Probe Microscopy for Biomedical Research”, The Scientific World Journal, 6, 1609-1618 (2006)
- B.J. Haupt, T.J. Senden and E.M. Sevick, “Experimental Evidence of the Rayleigh Instability in Single Polymer Chains”, Langmuir, 18, 2174-2182, (2002).
- B.J. Haupt (2001) PhD Thesis Title: Single Polymer Chains, Australian National University
- B.J. Haupt, J. Ennis, and E.M. Sevick, “The Detachment of a Polymer Chain from a Weakly-Adsorbing Surface Using an AFM Tip”, Langmuir, 15, 3886-3892, (1999).
- B.J. Haupt (1997) Honours Thesis Title: Mixed Carbon Dioxide/Argon and Nitrous Oxide/Argon Clusters, The University of Newcastle
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the Dutch Group of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle)