Dirk de Jong
- Mechanics, Physics and Electronics
- Patent Attorney , Associate
- Eindhoven (NL)
- +31 40 250 33 20
- "Discovering the potential of your invention"
Dirk de Jong started his career as a patent attorney in 1991 after having worked for Philips in research and development in the field of pattern recognition and image processing. He continued to work for Philips and its spin-out NXP as a patent attorney before joining V.O. in 2007.
As a physicist, Dirk has a broad focus on all aspects of high-tech, in particular informatics, signal processing, data processor designs, semiconductors, optics, lighting, thin film technology and mechatronics.
As a patent attorney Dirk has been involved in various IP-related activities including negotiations, patent revaluations and infringement cases, typically in the field of memory management and processor design.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2007-present)
- NXP IP department (2006-2007)
- Philips IP&S (1991-2006)
- Philips Research (1985-1991)
- Certificate Natural Language Processing (2013, Online course Columbia University via Coursera.org)
- Certificate Machine Learning (2012, Online course Stanford University)
- Certificate Artificial Intelligence (2011, Online course Udacity)
- MSc in Technical Physics, Delft University of Technology (1985), with specialization Signal Processing
- BSc in Technical Physics, HTS Rijswijk (1978)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Appliances / electronics
- Consumer products
- Energy and sustainability
- Information technology
- Machines and tools
- Mechanical engineering
- “Dutch Supreme Court again reviews Art. 69 EPC”, MIP International Briefing July-August 2012
- “Court rejects Novartis injunction request”, MIP International Briefing September 2009
- “Method for the perspective display of a part of a topographic map, and device suitable for performing such a method ” US5161886 (1992) and US5161886 (2001)
- “Method of displaying navigation data …” US5115398 (1992)