Peter de Lange
- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Associate
- Amsterdam (NL)
- +31 20 530 79 97
Peter de Lange joined V.O. in 2011. Previously, he completed an internship with the European Patent Office (Boards of Appeal) while studying chemistry and law. Peter qualified as Dutch patent attorney in 2014 and as European patent attorney in 2015.
His technical expertise is broadly in the field of chemistry and nanomaterials. Applications handled by him relate for instance to polymers, coatings, 3D printing, and inorganic and physical chemistry.
Peter took a BSc in chemistry and MSc in Nanomaterials (2011) and also obtained a degree in law (LLM cum laude in 2011, next to an LLB). For his law degree, he took graduate courses on European patent law, corporate law, insolvency law and international commercial arbitration.
Peter’s approach is characterized by up-to-date knowledge of procedures and case law and current insight into legal developments such as the unitary patent. In addition, he is eager to learn about new technologies.
- Patent Attorney, V.O.
- MSc in Chemistry, Utrecht University (2011)
- LLM in Law, Utrecht University (2011, cum laude)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- 3D printing
- Law, Dutch
- Polymer chemistry
- Co-author of article 'The Enlarged Board of Appeal opts for a restricted application of Art. 84 EPC in opposition', BIE May 2015.
- Art. 'Securing evidence across borders in EU patent litigation', IP Value 2014.