- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Senior associate
- Amersfoort (NL)
- +31 33 422 73 00
- "The best scope of protection evolves from a close cooperation and mutual understanding between the client and the patent attorney"
Huub Maas started at V.O. in 2005. Prior to working in the patent field, he performed fundamental research in academic positions. After having finished his studies of molecular sciences at WageningenUniversity in 1999, he moved to Switzerland for a PhD. He finished his PhD in physical chemistry at the University of Berne in 2003. After having held a postdoc position at the University of Amsterdam, he joined V.O.
His technical expertise is generally in the field of physical chemistry, and more particularly photochemistry, surface chemistry, coatings, polymer chemistry and nanotechnology. His clients range from medium size enterprises to multinational companies. Huub is also engaged as a tutor in training candidate European patent attorneys.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2005-present)
- Postdoc, University of Amsterdam (2004)
- PhD in Physical Chemistry, University of Berne, Switzerland (2003)
- MSc in Molecular Sciences, Wageningen University (1999)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Chemical technology
- Energy and sustainability
- Inorganic chemistry / materials science
- Materials science
- Physical chemistry
- Polymer chemistry
- Polymer physics
- Process technology
- P. Sierocki, H.P.A. Maas, P. Dragut, G. Richardt, F. Vögtle, L. De Cola, F.A.M., Brouwer, J.I. Zink, “Photoisomerization of Azobenzene Derivatives in Nanostructured Silica” J. Phys. Chem. B 2006, 110, 24390-24398.
- M. Poprawa-Smoluch, J. Baggermann, H. Zhang, H.P.A. Maas, L. De Cola, M. Brouwer, "Photoisomerization of Disperse Red 1 Studied with Transient Absorption Spectroscopy and Quantum Chemical Calculations" J. Phys. Chem. A 2006, 110, 11926-11937.
- H. Maas, G. Calzaferri, “Constructing Dye-Zeolite Photonic Nanodevices” The Spectrum 2003, 16, 18-24.
- H. Maas, A. Khatyr, G. Calzaferri, “Phenoxazine Dyes in Zeolite L, Synthesis and Properties” Microporous Mesoporous Mater. 2003, 65, 233-242.
- G. Calzaferri, S. Huber, H. Maas, C. Minkowski, “Photon-Harvesting Host-Guest Materials” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2003, 42, 3732-3758.
- H. Maas, S. Huber, A. Khatyr, M. Pfenniger, M. Meyer, G. Calzaferri, “Organic-Inorganic Composites as Photonic Antenna” in Molecular and Supramolecular Photochemistry, Vol. 9 (Eds.: V. Ramamurthy, K.S. Schanze), Marcel Dekker, Inc. 2003, 309-351.
- Khatyr, H. Maas, G. Calzaferri, “Synthesis of New Molecules Containing Head, Spacer and Label Moieties” J. Org. Chem. 2002, 67, 6705-6710.
- H. Maas, A. Currao, G. Calzaferri, “Encapsulated Lanthanides as Luminescent Materials” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2002, 41, 2495-2497.
- H. Maas, G. Calzaferri, “Trapping Energy from and Injecting Energy into Dye-Zeolite Nanoantennae” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2002, 41, 2284-2288.
- G. Calzaferri, H. Maas, M. Pauchard, M. Pfenniger, S. Megelski, A. Devaux, “Supramolecularly Organized Luminescent Dye Molecules in the Channels of Zeolite L” in Advances in Photochemistry, Vol. 27 (Eds.: D.C. Neckers, G. Von Bünau, W.S. Jenks), Wiley-VCH, 2002, 1-50.
- G. Calzaferri, M. Pauchard, H. Maas, S. Huber, A. Khatyr, T. Schaafsma, “Photonic Antenna System for Light Harvesting, Transport and Trapping” J. Mater. Chem. 2002, 12, 1-13.
- M. Pauchard, S. Huber, R. Méallet-Renault, H. Maas, R. Pansu, G. Calzaferri, “Time- and Space-Resolved Luminescence of a Photonic Dye-Zeolite Antenna” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2001, 40, 2839-2842.
- G. Calzaferri, D. Brühwiler, S. Megelski, M. Pfenniger, M. Pauchard, B. Hennessy, H. Maas, A. Devaux, U. Graf, “Playing with Dye Molecules at the Inner and Outer Surface of Zeolite L” Solid State Sci., 2000, 2, 421-447.
- A.B. Sieval, R. Opitz, H.P.A. Maas, M.G. Schoeman, G. Meijer, F.J. Vergeldt, H. Zuilhof, E.J.R. Sudhölter, “Monolayers of 1-Alkynes on the H-Terminated Si(100) Surface” Langmuir, 2000, 16, 10359-10368
- Coatings Innovation Day – Eindhoven, April 2015
- Startupbootcamp Smart Materials – Geleen, May 2015
- Polymer Innovation Day – Arnhem, November 2015