- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Partner
- 's-Hertogenbosch (NL)
- +31 73 548 20 70
- "Even in doing your day-to-day job, you are likely to invent"
Harrie Marsman started working at V.O. in 1989. Before joining V.O. he studied chemistry at Radboud University Nijmegen.
His specialisms are polymer chemistry, food technology, (bio)physical chemistry and inorganic chemistry. Harrie has also gained particular expertise in the formal aspects of the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and the European Patent Convention, and has considerable experience in dealing with oppositions and attending oral hearings before the European Patent Office. Harrie has experience in patent cases before the court in The Hague.
As a tutor, Harrie assists trainees in the preparation for the European qualification examination (CEIPI). He is also senior lecturer Practical Skills Chemistry for the Dutch qualification examination.
Since July 2007, Harrie has been the financial director of V.O. and is responsible for coordinating the training of the trainees and junior associates. He is member of the board of directors of V.O.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (1989-present)
- MSc in Chemistry, Radboud University Nijmegen (1988)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Chemical technology
- Consumer products
- Health products
- Inorganic chemistry / materials science
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Polymer chemistry
- Polymer physics
- Brinkhof, J.J., Marsman H.A.M. and Murashige K.; Limiting the Risks of Patent Infringement, In: Starting a Business in the Life Sciences; Ed. Henrik Luessen; Editio Cantor Verlag, Aulendorf (2003), pp 158-168
- Publication in EPI Journal on EQE 2012 meeting with the EQE boards
- Tutorships in CEIPI Seminars Strasbourg on EQE pre-exam and A and B Chemistry
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the executive committee of the Foundation for the Dutch Patent Attorney Education (SBO)
- French (basic)