- Mechanics, Physics and Electronics
- Patent Attorney , Associate
- Munich (DE)
- +49 89 890636936
- "It seems to be inevitably the case that, when one thinks deeply enough, different parts of patent law and practice to a certain extent conflict. I enjoy exploring the fault lines that such conflicts create. When my clients are threatened by a patent, I strive to exploit these fault lines to challenge its validity. An understanding of these fault lines also enhances the quality of the patents that I am able to obtain for my clients"
Marlon Blood has worked for many years as IPR manager in Japan for one of the world’s leading mobile communication companies before joining V.O. In this capacity, he acquired substantial experience in contentious IP matters, including the assertion and defense of standard-related mobile communication patents and related litigation.
Marlon has substantial experience in IP acquisition, including pre-filing invention identification and evaluation, drafting, and prosecution. He has considerable experience in acting before the EPO in opposition and appeal proceedings.
Marlon’s current practice and previous experience encompass a broad range of technologies including mobile communication devices and networks, software, lasers, loudspeakers, mail processing systems, capsule-based coffee machines and angling equipment. He read electronic engineering at Reading University, UK.
- Patent Attorney, V.O (2009-present)
- Patent Attorney, Private practice (2006-2009)
- IPR Manager in one of the world’s leading telecommunication companies (1995-2005)
- Patent Attorney, Private practice (1991-1995)
- BSc in Electronic Engineering, Reading University, UK
- European Patent Attorney
- Appliances / electronics
- Consumer products
- Electrical engineering
- Energy and sustainability
- Health products
- Information technology
- Machines and tools
- Mechanical engineering
- Medical diagnostics
- Mobile communications technology
- Software / computer