- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Partner
- Leuven (BE), The Hague (NL)
- +32 16 24 08 50 / +31 70 416 67 06
- "IP-rights are means, not an end"
Marco had worked for five years for a small company specialised in laboratory equipment, before joining V.O. in 2000. In this company he was involved in product development, international marketing and project management. This experience helps in staying empathic towards SMEs and their specific challenges, although he also serves the interests of scientific institutes and multinationals.
Marco's IP expertise lies in the general field of chemical patents, with an emphasis on food technology, process technology and industrial biotechnology. Further, he is particularly interested in the fields where chemistry and other disciplines meet, e.g. medical technology and laboratory technology. The main focus of his work is on drafting patent applications, prosecution in various jurisdictions, European oppositions and - occasionally - litigation.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2000-present)
- Product specialist, application scientist, product development manager, Prince Technologies/Helena BioSciences (1995-2000)
- MSc in Chemical Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology (1994)
- Belgian patent attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Food technology
- Life Science
- Materials science
- Medical diagnostics
- Medical foods
- Polymer chemistry
- Process technology
- Marco Molling "successfully defends the interests of clients before the EPO – he is always proactive and communicative, which ensures his strategy aligns with arguments in parallel litigations" (IAM Patent 1000, 2015).
- Van der Schans MJ, Beckers JL, Molling MC, Everaerts FM. J Chromatogr A. 1995;717:139–147
- Tutoring at Ministry of Commerce, Department of Intellectual Property Thailand, 22 July 2015
- Tutoring at EPO Rijswijk (CEIPI) , 20 and 22 January 2015
- Speaker at workshop 'China, Healthcare and IP protection: an Introduction', Brussels, 24 April 2015
- Attending APAA conference, Penang, Malaysia, November 2014
- Tutoring at EPO Rijswijk (CEIPI) 29 Jan 2013, 12 February 2013, 5 March 2013
Professional & Community Activities
- Tutor for CEIPI (preparation of students for European Qualification Exams) and CPO (education of Dutch patent attorney trainees)
- Chairman of the supervisory board of ARTEK foundation