- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Partner
- Amsterdam (NL)
- +31 20 530 79 90
- "It is very rewarding to capture an invention in the proper words"
Otto Oudshoorn joined V.O. in 1998. He studied chemical engineering and obtained his PhD in the field of catalysis.
Otto's expertise is in the field of chemical patents, with an emphasis on process and food technology. His practice further includes the handling of supplementary protection certificates and restoration requests. He has extensive experience in oral (opposition) proceedings and litigation before the Dutch patent court.Otto’s portfolio contains the full spectrum of innovative clients, ranging from startup businesses to multinationals, from universities to research institutions
Otto is member of the firm’s China Desk, editor in chief of the newsletter IP Leads and member of the board of directors of V.O. He is head of the Section Chemistry & Life Sciences.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (1998-present)
- PhD in Chemistry, Delft University of Technology (1998)
- MSc in Chemical technology and materials science, Delft University of Technology (1993)
- Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Chemical technology
- Energy and sustainability
- Health products
- Inorganic chemistry / materials science
- Life Science
- Lifecycle management
- Materials science
- Medical diagnostics
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Polymer chemistry
- Polymer physics
- Process technology
- Supplementary protection certificates (SPC)
- "Otto Oudshoorn is a high-flying chemist. He is pragmatic and keen, and his advice is always clear and easy to read” (IAM Patent 1000, 2016).
- Chemical maven Otto Oudshoorn also has extensive experience in oppositions and litigations; at any given time, he has a sizeable docket of supplementary protection certificate cases on the go. He is also the man behind the success of a dedicated China desk (IAM Patent 1000, 2015).
- G.B.F. Seijger, O.L. Oudshoorn, A. Boekhorst, H. van Bekkum, C.M. van den Bleek, H.P.A. Calis, Chem. Eng. Sci., 56 (2001) 849.
- Z. Shan, W.E.J. van Kooten, O.L. Oudshoorn, J.C. Jansen, H. van Bekkum, C.M. van den Bleek, H.P.A. Calis, Microporous Mesoporous Mater., 34 (2000) 81
- G.B.F. Seijger, O.L. Oudshoorn, W.E.J. van Kooten, J.C. Jansen, H. van Bekkum, C.M. van den Bleek, H.P.A. Calis, Microporous Mesoporous Mater., 39 (2000) 195.
- O. L. Oudshoorn, M. Janissen, W. E. J. van Kooten, J. C. Jansen, H. van Bekkum, C. M. van den Bleek, H. P. A. Calis, Chem. Eng. J. 54 (1999) 1413.
- O.L. Oudshoorn, Zeolitic Coatings applied in Structured Catalyst Packings, Ph.D. Thesis, Delft University of Technology, 1998.
- Calis, Hans Peter; Oudshoorn, Otto L.; Gerritsen, Albert W.; Jansen, Koos J. C.; van den Bleek, Cor M.; van Bekkum, Herman; Anwendung von Zeolithen bei der selektiven katalytischen Reduktion von NOx in Industrieabgasen; Chemie Ingenieur Technik - CIT 67 (1995), S. 777-780