- Mechanics, Physics and Electronics
- Patent Attorney , Senior associate
- 's-Hertogenbosch (NL)
- +31 73 548 20 70
- "Problems may well give a good future to ideas, but in the end it is only the power of invention that can delegate such problems to the past"
Prior to joining V.O., Dick Ploeg worked as a Patent Counsel and Engineer in a multi-national industrial patent practice, where he gained considerable experience with the worldwide administration and management of industrial property portfolios. His further experience includes all aspects of IP-practise, notably in an advisory capacity.
His general expertise lies in the field of mechanical engineering, with an emphasis on technical products for the consumer market and building industry, including their related production systems. Dick regularly works for manufacturers of technical equipment, human necessities, home and window furnishing products, as well as food processing equipment, and for the automotive and food industry in general.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2007-present)
- Patent Counsel, Hunter Douglas Industries (1996-2007)
- Patent Engineer, Hunter Douglas Industries (1982-1996)
- Patent Searcher, Polyresearch Service (1979-1982)
- Engineer, Van Veen Import (1976-1979)
- Automotive technology, Apeldoorn Institute of Automotive Technology (HTS) (1975)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Agreements / contracts
- Appliances / electronics
- Building industry
- Chemical technology
- Civil engineering
- Construction physics
- Consumer products
- Electrical engineering
- Energy and sustainability
- Industrial design
- Inorganic chemistry / materials science
- Life Science
- Machines and tools
- Mechanical engineering
- Process technology
- Ploeg, D.: “Beware the risks of licensing agreements”, Managing Intellectual Property; Vol. 191, July/August 2009, pp 121-122.
- Ploeg, D.: “Grand Prix Bugatti Windscreens”, The Bugatti Trust Newsletter 22, Spring 2006, pp 5-9. “Grand Prix Bugatti Windscreens – Part 2”, The Bugatti Trust Newsletter 24, Winter 2006, pp 14-19.
- Ploeg, D.: “Martinotti variable pitch propellor”, Pegasus, No. 13, Spring 2005, pp 4-10.
- Patent: US 5,390,721: “Operating mechanism for a venetian blind or shielding device” (Oskam, H. and Ploeg, D.A., 1995).
- Patent: EP 0 190 626 (B1): “Tilting device for venetian blinds” (Henequin, P.J. and Ploeg, D.A., 1989).