Bart van Wezenbeek
- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Senior associate
- The Hague (NL)
- +31 70 416 68 25
- "We use our knowledge and experience to optimize your IP position"
Bart van Wezenbeek started his career in the patent field after he had worked in pharmaceutical research for more than 12 years. H had spent almost three years as a patent information specialist before he switched in 1990 to the patent attorney profession.
From his biology education and pharmaceutical experience, Bart is well suited to deal with inventions in all biological and life science areas, from food and feed applications to deep sequencing and from microbiological diagnostics to gene therapy. Bart has further specific experience in plant related inventions and molecular biological diagnostics.
Bart is currently heading our patent search and analysis department. Next to his work at V.O. he is involved in the training of trainee patent attorneys and patent information specialists.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2002-present)
- Deputy Justice at the Appeal Court of The Hague (2001-present)
- Head of the patent department and acting corporate counsel of a small biotech start-up (1995-2002)
- (Trainee) Patent Attorney in a large pharmaceutical company (1990-1994)
- Patent Information Specialist in a large pharmaceutical company (1988-1990)
- Research zoological technician in a large pharmaceutical company (1975-1988)
- Company counsel, CPO Nijmegen (1997)
- LLM in Dutch Law, Catholic University Brabant (1994), specializing in intellectual property law
- Patent information Specialist, Stichting GO, The Hague (1989)
- MSc in Biology, University of Utrecht (1988), specializing in molecular biology, microbiology and neurobiology
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Agreements / contracts
- Cell biology and genetics
- Health products
- Law, Dutch
- Law, civil law / corporate law / insolvency law
- Legal scans
- Life Science
- Medical diagnostics
- Medical sciences
- The European Patent System. Handbook for the GIIP Offline Campus Learning Module, Global Institute for Intellectual Property, New Delhi, India, 2012.
- Bart van Wezenbeek. Watch your priorities. In: The Innovation Handbook, Ed. Adam Jolly, 2nd Edition 2010, Kogan Page, London, UK, pages 180-183.
- G.S.F. Ruigt, J.N. Van Proosdij, L.A.C.M. Van Wezenbeek. A large scale, high resolution, automated system for rat sleep staging. II. Validation and application. Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology 73: 64-71, 1989.
- Lambertus A.C.M. Van Wezenbeek, Jeroen A.D.M. Tonnaer, Gé S.F. Ruigt. The endegenous muscarinic acetylcholine receptor in Xenopus oocytes is of the M3 subtype, European Journal of Pharmacology 497-500, 1988.
- Global IP Convention 2013, Bangalore, India, 23-30 January 2013
- Various blogs on Rubicon Personal IP website
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the Disciplinary Board of Appeal of the EPO
- Member of the Disciplinary Council of the Dutch Association of patent attorneys
- Member of the legal commission of the Dutch Association of patent attorneys
- Member of the public relations commission of the Dutch Association of patent attorneys
- Substitute member of the Professional Qualification Commission of the epi
- Member of FICPI
- Member of AIPPI
- Member of WON
- Member of PIUG
- Coordinator and tutor of the CEIPI Basic course in The Hague
- Tutor on the CEIPI Pre-exam training course in Strasbourg
- Lecturer on the IPKM program, University of Maastricht
- Trainer on the WON course for Patent Information Specialists, Stichting GO, Voorburg, The Netherlands