- Trademarks & Designs
- Trademark and Design Attorney , Attorney-at-Law , Associate
- The Hague (NL)
- +31 70 416 67 29
- "The ability to be practical in complex legal situations leads to a solution that will result in the best possible commercial advantage"
Jurriaan Cleuver studied Dutch law at Leiden University and has worked for V.O. since 2008. During his studies he focused in particular on company law and more specifically on IP law. In February 2013 he was sworn in as attorney-at-law. As an attorney-at-law, Jurriaan is involved, within V.O., in particular with conflicts about trademark and tradename law, and about copyright and design law (product design). Before he was sworn in, Jurriaan had already been active as a trademark and design attorney.
In his practice, Jurriaan supports Dutch and international enterprises, large and small and from many sectors, with the emphasis on support in conflicts. Jurriaan favors a practical approach: developing strategies that lead to a satisfying result not only in a principal, but also in an efficient and quick manner.
Before he entered into the service of V.O., Jurriaan worked as legal counsel for an independent film distribution company. In that period, he increased his experience in the field of IP legislation and experienced the need among entrepreneurs for practical services during legal conflicts.
Jurriaan is registered as a European trademark and design attorney and is member of the Benelux Association for Trademarks and Designs (BMM). He also forms part of the editorial staff of V.O.'s newsletter.
- Trademark Attorney, V.O. (2009-present)
- Legal advisor, independent film distributor (2007-2008)
- LLM in Dutch Law, Leiden University (2006)
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Benelux Trademark and Design Attorney
- Customs declaration
- Design protection
- Domain names
- Law, Dutch
- Law, civil law / corporate law / insolvency law
- Law, intellectual property
- Trade names
- AMI 2008, “Naburig recht voor dirigent en regisseur?”