Jan Willem ten Dam
- Mechanics, Physics and Electronics
- Patent Attorney , Associate
- The Hague (NL)
- +31 70 416 67 19
- "Drafting and amending patent claims are like solving a puzzle; finding a solution may be easy, the problem is how to find the most effective solution"
In 2010, after working as an independent designer, Jan Willem ten Dam started his IP career by joining V.O. as a trainee patent attorney. Jan Willem graduated from the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering at Delft University of Technology. During his studies, Jan Willem gained experience in product development by working for several startups and medium sized companies.
Working in a patent firm enables Jan Willem to use his creativity. One of the most rewarding aspects of his job is finding the essence of an invention and drafting patent claims that cannot be “bypassed” easily by a competitor. Jan Willem’s expertise mainly lies in mechanics, especially in the fields of consumer products and medical devices. He also practices in varying other fields such as packaging, offshore and agriculture.
- Patent Attorney (2010-present)
- MSc in Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology (2008)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Consumer products
- Industrial design
- Mechanical engineering
- Preparatory Seminar for paper D of the EQE, CEIPI, Strasbourg, France (2013)