- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Patent Attorney , Associate
- Amsterdam (NL)
- +31 20 530 79 93
Jetze Beeksma studied molecular biology and biotechnology at the University of Groningen, where he also read law. During his studies he was an intern at a law firm in Amsterdam, where he wrote a thesis on the scope of protection of DNA patents. Jetze also worked in the IP department of an international law firm in Amsterdam.
Jetze advises on patent matters in the field of life sciences. His work includes the drafting, and worldwide prosecution, of patent applications relating to biotechnological inventions. He further assesses validity, scope of protection and infringement of patents, and advises in contentious patent proceedings. In addition, he has a keen interest in the European implications arising from the Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit-sharing, which requires innovative life science companies to fulfill certain due diligence obligations during research and product development.
- Patent attorney, V.O. (2014-present)
- MSc in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, University of Groningen (cum laude)
- LLM in Law, University of Groningen, University of Groningen (cum laude)
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Cell biology and genetics
- European pharmaceutical law
- Law, civil law / corporate law / insolvency law
- Life Science
- Medical diagnostics