Follow the annual course on patents, trademarks and designs. For innovative entrepreneurs who wish to improve their intellectual property (IP) know-how, V.O. Patents & Trademarks organizes a basic course on IP on Thursday 26 September. This course will be given, in English, by our attorneys and feature many practical examples and skill trainings. In terms of content, this course can be compared to the previous editions of our IP Academy course.
Basic course – 26 September
The basic course addresses practical aspects of IP and is intended for those who are still relatively unfamiliar with IP. The course teaches the basic terminology, how to read a patent and what possibilities are offered by IP. The day will be rounded off with a game in which the newly acquired IP skills can be practiced.
V.O. also offers an advanced course, to be held on 14 November. The advanced course is intended for IP managers and IP responsibles having some practical experience. For more information about the advanced course, one is referred to the web page IP Academy – Advanced.
Program basic course (preliminary)
- 09.00 – 09.30: Welcome with coffee and tea
- 09.30 – 10.30: Introduction patents, trademarks, designs
- 10.30 – 11.15: Official authoritities, requirements, timelines, costs
- 11.15 – 12.00: Introduction search
- 12.00 – 12.45: Lunch
- 12.45 – 13.30: Infringement, opposition, freedom to operate
- 13.30 – 14.15: A closer look at the patent claims
- 14.15 – 15.15: Game Activate your Ideas – IP in practice
- 15.15 – 15.30: Break
- 15.30 – 16.15: Evaluation of the IP game
- 16.15 – 16.45: Rounding off, certificate
V.O. Patents & Trademarks
Winthontlaan 6/G (fourth floor)
3526 KV Utrecht
Costs and registration
This course cost € 450, clients of V.O. receive € 100 discount via the promotional code*
Register before 16 August and profit from a € 50 early-bird discount.
* If you are a V.O. client but have not received a promotional code, please contact your patent or trademark attorney.
The above costs are per person and exclusive of VAT. Registrations are handled by Eventbrite.nl. Registration and payment can be effected directly via the ticket box below. The costs shown on this website are inclusive of VAT.