She was trained as an aerospace engineer and in business administration. After graduation in the field of helicopters at Eurocopter Germany, Annemie Jaeken worked for several years in an aerospace research organization. After a few years she made the switch to the offshore field, where she worked in an engineering project and was involved in offshore installation projects.
Annemie has been involved in various aspects of protecting and enforcing intellectual property. As such she worked together with clients for building and/or tailoring their IP-portfolio towards the business strategy or in assisting clients in their IP negotiations.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2005-present)
- Project engineering for offshore companies (2001-2005)
- Research projects in aerospace industry (1998-2001)
- MSc BA, Rotterdam School of Management (2006)
- MSc in Aerospace engineering, Delft University of Technology (1999)
- Applied sciences (Burg. Ir.), KU Leuven (1995)
- Recognized as IP Star (2023) by Managing Intellectual Property
- Annemie Jaeken has been selected to appear in the 2021 edition of IAM Strategy 300 – The World’s Leading Strategists
- “Annemie Jaeken’s collaborative style is a boon to clients; she partners closely with R&D departments and the C-Suite in ways that enlighten all and elevate company IP approaches. Her strategies for prosecution and portfolio management are extremely well designed” (IAM Patent 1000, 2021).
- Recommended Individual (IAM Patent 1000, 2020, 2021, 2022).
- “Annemie Jaeken is in her element when advising start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and handles business strategy and IP negotiations with assurance” (IAM Patent 1000, 2019).
- “Annemie Jaeken makes her IAM Patent 1000 debut, garnering praise from foreign associates who value her ‘technical expertise and quick thinking’. Combining efficiency with a profound understanding of client technology, she assists in offering a clearer picture of novelty and scope of protection” (IAM Patent 1000, 2018).