In 2002, Annemiek Tepper joined V.O., where she became a Senior Associate in 2010. During her academic career, she spent one year at the University of Chapel Hill (USA) and at the Pasteur Institute in Paris. Annemiek studied biochemistry at the University of Groningen. She obtained her PhD at the Netherlands Cancer Institute (Amsterdam).
Her specialties include biochemistry, biotechnology, oncology, immunology, diagnostics, medical technology, dairy science and food technology. She is actively involved in assessing the patentability of new developments, and in drafting and prosecuting patent applications worldwide. Other activities include evaluating third party patent portfolios and providing opinions of validity/invalidity and infringement/non infringement. She is also experienced in representing clients in opposition and appeal cases before the EPO. Her clients are diverse and range from academic institutions, SME’s to multinationals.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2006-present)
- Post-Doc, Academic Medical Center (2000-2002)
- PhD, Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam (2000, with honours)
- MSc in Biochemistry, University of Groningen (1994, with honours)
- Highlighted as ‘exceptional attorney’ by IP Stars Handbook MIP, 2016.
- Tepper AD, Ruurs P, Borst J, van Blitterswijk WJ (2001) Biochim. Biophys. Res. Commun. 280:634
- Tepper AD, Diks SH, van Blitterswijk WJ, Borst J (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:34810
- Tepper AD, Ruurs P, Wiedmer T, Sims PJ, Borst J, van Blitterswijk WJ (2000) J. Cell Biol. 150:155
- Tepper AD and van Blitterswijk WJ (2000) Methods Enzymol. 312:16
- Tepper AD, de Vries E, van Blitterswijk WJ, Borst J (1999) J. Clin. Invest. 103:971
- Tepper AD, Boesen-de Cock JG, de Vries E, Borst J, van Blitterswijk WJ (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 272:24308
- Boesen-de Cock JG, Tepper AD, de Vries E, van Blitterswijk WJ, Borst J (1999) J.Biol. Chem. 274:14255
- Borst P, van Blitterswijk WJ, Borst J, Tepper AD, Schinkel AH (1998) Drug Resistance Update 1:337
- Boesen-de Cock JG, Tepper AD, de Vries E, van Blitterswijk WJ, Borst J (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:7560
- Tepper AD, Dammann H, Bominaar AA, Véron M (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:32175
- Véron M, Tepper A, Hildebrandt M, Lascu I, Lacombe ML, Janin J, Moréra S, Cherfils J, Dumas C, Chiadmi M (1994) Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 370:607
- Bominaar AA, Tepper AD, Véron M (1994) FEBS Lett. 353(1):5
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the Committee ‘professional orientation’ of the Dutch Patent Association (Orde van Octrooigemachtigden) aimed to promote the profession of patent attorney
- EPI Tutor