Bettina Hermann started her career in the IP field in 2001 in a German IP boutique. Bettina studied biology at the Technical University Munich with an emphasis on microbiology, genetics, biochemistry and clinical chemistry. She received her PhD in biology from the Technical University Munich and did practical work at the Max-Planck-Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, before she became Postdoc at the IGBMC in Illkirch Strasbourg, France.
Bettina has experience in advising small and mid-size biotech companies, in particular in the field of cancer therapies, and providing patentability, validity and FTO analyses for investors. She represents nullity cases before the German Federal Patent Court and is involved in infringement cases before German District Courts.
Bettina is head of the Munich and Regensburg offices of V.O. She is member of the editorial board of V.O.´s newsletter and member of the steering committee of women in ip e.V.
- Patent and Trademark Attorney, V.O. (2008-present)European Litigator, CEIPI (2010-present)
- Postdoc at the IGBMC in Illkirch Strasbourg, France (1999-2001)
- Postdoc at the Max-Planck-Institute of Psychiatry (1999)
- PhD, Max-Planck-Institute of Psychiatry in cooperation with the Technical University Munich (1998)
- Diploma (corresponding to master´s degree) in Biology (1995)
- Recognized as IP Star (2018) by Managing Intellectual Property.
Professional & Community Activities
- Women of Association of Intellectual Property Experts
- Member of AIPPI (Association International pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle)
- Member of FICPI (Fédération Internationale de la Conseils en Propriété Industrielle)
- Member of LES (Licensing Executives Society)
- Member of GRUR (German Association for Intellectual Property and Copyright e.V.)
- Member of EPI (European Patent Institute)Member of German Patent Bar Association
- “Two-dimensional Hole Gases in Gas Source MBE grown Si/Si1-xGex Heterostructures”, Thesis, Delft University of Technology 1998.