Cees has extensive expertise in high-tech systems such as radar, sonar, computer and telecommunication systems on the one hand and mechanical and physical systems on the other. In addition, he specializes in developing patent strategies to effectively protect systems, products, replacement products, parts of systems and semi products. He gained vast experience in opposition proceedings and litigation, in particular infringement and nullification suits, both nationally and abroad, including the USA.
Cees is member of the Commission for Patent Attorneys in Private Practice, FICPI and AIPPI. Since September 2019, Cees has been associated with V.O. as an of-counsel.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (1990-present)
- Head patent department Hollandsche Signaal Apparaten (Thalis) (1986-1990) and Hunter Douglas (1990-1992)
- MSc in Physics, Delft University of Technology (1984)
- Recommended in Who’s Who Legal 2020.
- The highest of high-tech companies make a beeline to Cees Jansen; he knows exactly what they are after, having served as head of patents in-house at two companies – unstintingly dedicated to quality, he always delivers (IAM Patent 1000, 2019).
- Chair of the partnership Cees Jansen calls on his in-house experience when developing patent strategies for major companies. A technical all-rounder, he can be formidable when disputes heat up (IAM Patent 1000, 2018).
- Technically strong and practical, Cees Jansen fronts the ‘s-Hertogenbosch office and devises pragmatic strategies for rights holders in the telecommunications and mechanics sectors (IAM Patent 1000, 2017).
- Firm chairman Cees Jansen is well accustomed to leadership roles, having captained the patent departments of two technology companies before entering private practice. He is praised for his deep understanding of patent strategy (IAM Patent 1000, 2016).
- On the high-technology front, chairman Cees Jansen is a good name to know. He drafts applications for many of Douwe Egberts’ top product lines (IAM Patent 1000, 2015).
- Recognized as IP Star (2015, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019) by Managing Intellectual Property.
- Leading light Cees Jansen is enjoying his seventh year as chairman of the firm (IAM Patent 1000, 2014).
- Cees Jansen is “one of the most experienced out there”. He works on both sides of the contentious and non-contentious divide, expecially in the areas of electrical engineering and information technology (IAM Patent 1000, 2013).
- Chairman Cees Jansen has accumulated substantial experience of opposition, infringement and nullification proceedings in the Netherlands and abroad. His specialisms include sonar, telecommunications and computer systems (IAM Patent 1000, 2012).
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the commissions for the Dutch examination of patent attorneys