Claudia Meindel graduated in 1993 in the field of law at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich.
Parallel to her studies she worked as a certified paralegal at an IP law firm.
Claudia has a more than 25-years experience in industry, most of which has been in her capacity as Global Head of IP for one of the largest European multinational companies in the clothing industry with a brand presence in more than 120 markets worldwide.
She is specialized in the field of trademark and design, copyright, unfair competition, global textile labelling and related topics and contract types (license, franchise, R&D, agency, distribution; non-disclosure agreements).
Claudia has profound expertise in the following areas:
- One-stop service for worldwide filings and global management of trademark and design portfolios; global IP network
- Revamping global trademark and design portfolios to maintain their legal force and to achieve measurable IP cost control
- Bespoke ‘like an in-house’ IP services (specially for companies without own legal department and cushioning of peak workloads)
- Support in setting up an in-house IP department/service
- In-house IP trainings for employees
Grounded in her long-lasting experience in industry, she is familiar with the concerns and interests of the business from inside out and is speaking its language. She guarantees for tailored and practical legal solution, without loosing sight of the costs.
- Attorney-at-Law, Senior Associate, V.O. (starting February 2020)
- Global Head of IP, Triumph International Firm Group (2000 – January 2020)
- Overseas Trademark Specialist, Triumph International AG (1993-1999)
- Paralegal, IP law firm Dr. Hans-Peter Kunz-Hallstein (1986-1990)
- Graduation: First and Second Legal State Exam
- Qualified Vocational Education as Paralegal
- Book: Executive Summary – Überzeugende Entscheidungsvorlagen für das Management, Verlag C.H. Beck 2018
- Co-author of Beck OK Designrecht, Editor Dr. Moritz Vohwinkel, 1st Edition 30.4.2019
- GRUR Prax 2014, 97 Markenverteidigung im Zeitalter von Social Media; also published in Journal of IP Law and Practice JIPLAP – 2014-131
- GRUR Prax 2015, 398 Mach Dir ein Bild: Tipps für die Auswahl und Analyse der Bildgestaltung
- GRUR Prax 2016, 366 IP-Due Dilligence: Eine besondere Herausforderung für die kleine Rechtsabteilung
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of Working Group German Trademark Association (Markenverband)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of wip (Women in IP)
- GRUR – German Association of IP and Editor’s Rights (1994-2019)
- Federal Association of In-House Company Lawyers (2011-2019)
- Regular Speaker and Co-Speaker Activities in IP:
BVMW Bavarian Association of Medium-Sized Companies, FOM University for Working Students, Federal Patent Court Symposium, Technical University Ilmenau (PATON), Technical University Amberg-Weiden, INTA Paralegal Seminar, IP Service World, Women in IP