Erik Jan Lindeboom studied synthetic chemistry at the Hogeschool van Leiden. For his Bachelor’s research he worked on the synthesis of tubulin-binding oryzalin derivatives the University of California, Irvine, where he was primarily responsible for improving the synthetic route to access oryzalin derivatives.
After receiving his BSc in applied science in 2007, he started working at Syncom BV, performing contract research in organic chemistry. In 2013, he finished his PhD at the Australian National University (ANU) in Canberra, after which he continued to work at ANU. From here he took a position at the the Rijksuniversity of Groningen in 2014 as a labmanager for all the organic research groups. In 2015, Erik Jan worked on a project at ANU, after which he took a position at Greatcell Solar in Queanbeyan, Australia. Over the years he gained an interest in patent applications and infringements. In 2017, he started to work as a trainee patent attorney at V.O.
- PhD in Organic Synthesis, Australian National University, Australia, 2014
- BSc in Applied Chemistry, College of Leiden, the Netherlands, 2007
- Synthesis of Ene-yne-enes by Nickel-Catalyzed Double SN2’ substitution of 1,6-Dichlorohexa-2,4-diyne (Gongbao Wang, Erik Jan Lindeboom, Chris van Heerewaarden, Adriaan J. Minnaard, Catal. Sci. Technol. 2017, accepted)
- Occurrence and significance of phytanyl arenes across the Permian-Triassic boundary interval, (Hendrik Grotheer, Pierre LeMétayer, Matthew J. Piggot, Erik Jan Lindeboom, Alex I. Holman, Richard J. Twichett, Kliti Grice Org. Geochem. 2017, 104, 42)
- radialene (Emily G. Mackay, Christopher G. Newton, Henry Toombs-Ruane, Erik Jan Lindeboom, Thomas Fallon, Anthony C. Willis, Michael N. Paddon-Row, and Michael S. Sherburn, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 14653) – featured on the cover
- Tetravinylethylene, (Erik Jan Lindeboom, Michael N. Paddon-Row, and Michael S. Sherburn, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 5440). This article was highlighted in Nat. Chem., 2014, 6, 558 and Synfacts., 2014, 7, 701
- Computational and Synthetic Studies with Tetravinylethylenes, (Erik Jan Lindeboom, Michael N. Paddon-Row, and Michael S. Sherburn J. Org. Chem., 2014, 79, 11496)