Eva Eulaers received a university degree in mathematics at the university of Liège in Belgium. She pursued her scientific career at the same university as a researcher at the Institute of Astrophysics, where she earned her PhD in 2012. Her research was part of an international project aiming at estimating the Hubble constant through the study of gravitational lenses.
Before, Eva studied modern languages (English – German) at the universities of Antwerp and Liège, and temporarily worked as a language teacher. In 2014 Eva joined V.O., where her position as a Trainee Patent Attorney allows her to combine her multilingualism with her broad interest in science and technology.
- Voluntary Assistant in Astrophysics, University of Liège, Jan 2012 – Dec 2013
- PhD Research Assistant in Astrophysics, University of Liège, Oct 2006 – Dec 2011
- Language Teacher, KLein Seminarie, Hoogstraten, Sep 2000 – June 2002
- Teacher of English, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan (China), July 2000
- Teacher ad interim, various institutions, Sep 1999 – June 2000
- PhD in Science, University of Liège, 2012
- Advanced MSc: Space Science, University of Liège, 2008 (magna cum laude)
- MSc in Mathematics, University of Liège, 2006 (summa cum laude)
- Academical Teachers Training, KU Leuven, 1999 (cum laude)
- MA in Modern Languages (German, English), University of Liège, 1998 (magna cum laude)
- Tewes, M., F. Courbin, G. Meylan, C. S. Kochanek, E. Eulaers, N. Cantale, A. M. Mosquera, P. Magain, H. Van Winckel, D. Sluse, G. Cataldi, D. Vörös, and S. Dye (Aug. 2013). COSMOGRAIL: the COSmological MOnitoring of GRAvItational Lenses. XIII. Time delays and 9-yr optical monitoring of the lensed quasar RX J1131-1231. A&A 556, A22, A22.
- Rathna Kumar, S., M. Tewes, C. S. Stalin, F. Courbin, I. Asfandiyarov, G. Meylan, E. Eulaers, T. P. Prabhu, P. Magain, H. Van Winckel, and S. Ehgamberdiev (Sept. 2013). COSMOGRAIL: the COSmological MOni- toring of GRAvItational Lenses. XIV. Time delay of the doubly lensed quasar SDSS J1001+5027. A&A 557, A44, A44.
- Korhonen, H., J. F. González, M. Briquet, M. Flores Soriano, S. Hubrig, I. Savanov, T. Hackman, I. V. Ilyin, E. Eulaers, and W. Pessemier (May 2013). Chemical surface inhomogeneities in late B-type stars with Hg and Mn peculiarity. I. Spot evolution in HD 11753 on short and long time scales. A&A 553, A27, A27.
- Eulaers, E., M. Tewes, P. Magain, F. Courbin, I. Asfandiyarov, S. Ehgamberdiev, S. Rathna Kumar, C. S. Stalin, T. P. Prabhu, G. Meylan, and H. Van Winckel (May 2013). COSMOGRAIL: the COSmological MOn- itoring of GRAvItational Lenses. XII. Time delays of the doubly lensed quasars SDSS J1206+4332 and HS 2209+1914. A&A 553, A121, A121.
- Tewes, M., F. Courbin, G. Meylan, C. S. Kochanek, E. Eulaers, N. Cantale, A. M. Mosquera, I. Asfandiyarov, P. Magain, H. van Winckel, D. Sluse, R. K. S. Keerthi, C. S. Stalin, T. P. Prabhu, P. Saha, and S. Dye (Dec. 2012). COSMOGRAIL: Measuring Time Delays of Gravitationally Lensed Quasars to Constrain Cosmology. The Messenger 150, 49–52.
- Eulaers, E. and P. Magain (Dec. 2011). Time delays for eleven gravitationally lensed quasars revisited. A&A 536, A44, A44.
- Courbin, F., V. Chantry, Y. Revaz, D. Sluse, C. Faure, M. Tewes, E. Eulaers, M. Koleva, I. Asfandiyarov, S. Dye, P. Magain, H. van Winckel, J. Coles, P. Saha, M. Ibrahimov, and G. Meylan (Dec. 2011). COSMO- GRAIL: the COSmological MOnitoring of GRAvItational Lenses. IX. Time delays, lens dynamics and bary- onic fraction in HE 0435-1223. A&A 536, A53, A53.
- Vuissoz, C., F. Courbin, D. Sluse, G. Meylan, V. Chantry, E. Eulaers, C. Morgan, M. E. Eyler, C. S. Kochanek, J. Coles, P. Saha, P. Magain, and E. E. Falco (Sept. 2008). COSMOGRAIL: the COSmological MOnitoring of GRAvItational Lenses. VII. Time delays and the Hubble constant from WFI J2033-4723. A&A 488, 481– 490.
- Spanish (B2)
- Portugese (B1)
- Russian (A2)