Before starting her career in Intellectual Property in 2014, she worked as an optical engineer at the European Southern Observatory (Munich), on projects such as the European Extremely Large Telescope project.
Isabelle has deep knowledge in the fields of optics, software, mechanics and physics.
In addition to her work as a patent attorney, Isabelle is a teacher at the Maastricht University to help candidates prepare for the European qualifying examination.
- Patent attorney, V.O. (January 2019 – present)
- Patent attorney, IPLodge (2015-2019)
- Trainee patent attorney, Gevers (2014-2015)
- Post-doc at Free University Brussels (2011-2012)
- Optical Engineer at European Southern Observatory ESO (2005-2011)
- PhD, physics, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich(2011)
- MSc, physical engineering (2004)
- BSc, civil engineering (2001)
Professional & Community Activities
- Non-resident teacher at Maastricht University, Faculty of Law (2018-present)
- Challenges in precision and vibration control for physics experiments A. Preumont, R. Bastaits, I. Surdej, and C. Collette, Part I Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, (2012).
- On-sky performances of an optical Phasing sensor based on a cylindrical lenslets array for segmented telescopes F. Gonte. R. Mazzoleni, I. Surdej, and L. Noethe, Applied Optics 50, Issue 12, 1660-1667 (2011).
- Fresnel Phasing of Segmented Mirror Telescopes G. Chanan, M. Troy, I. Surdej, G. Gutt, and L. C. Roberts, Jr., Applied Optics 50, Issue 33, 6283-6293 (2011).
- On-sky performance of the Zernike phase contrast sensor for the phasing of seg- mented telescopes I. Surdej, N. Yaitskova, and F. Gonte. Applied Optics 49, Issue 21, 4052-4062 (2010).