Monika Jędrzejczyk graduated with a MSc in nanotechnology and a Bsc in chemical technology from Lodz University of Technology. During her studies she specialized in the fields of organic chemistry and nanomedicine, working on multiple projects related to biomedical diagnostics, gene delivery, drugs development and quality control.
In 2016, Monika joined Maastricht University where she performed her PhD research developing lignin-based renewable and biobased materials which can be applied as adhesives, coatings, absorbents or additives. She continued the research as a Senior Scientist at Vertoro, a green technology start-up company. During her PhD program, Monika gained an invaluable experience in IP from the inventor’s perspective which motivated her to join V.O. as a trainee patent attorney.
- Trainee Patent Attorney, V.O. (February 2022)
- Head of R&D, Senior Scientist, Vertoro (Startup developing biobased materials, chemicals and fuels, September 2020 – November 2021)
– University of Twente, Biomolecular Nanotechnology group, project on the development of polymers suitable for gene delivery, October 2014 – February 2015
– Aflofarm, one of the leading Polish pharmaceutical companies, internship in Quality Control department, August 2013
– Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine, internship in the Department of Chemical Safety, August 2012
- PhD Student in Polymer and Organic Chemistry and Material Science, Maastricht University (2016 – 2020, expected defense 2022)
- MSc in Nanotechnology, Lodz University of Technology (2014 – 2015)
- BSc in Chemical Technology, Lodz University of Technology (2010 – 2014)
- M. A. Jedrzejczyk, N. Madelat, B. Wouters, H. Smeets, M. Wolters, S. A. Stepanova, T. Vangeel, K. Van Aelst, S. Van den Bosch, J. Van Aelst, V. Polizzi, K. Servaes, K. Vanbroekhoven, B. Lagrain, B. F. Sels, H. Terryn, K. V. Bernaerts, Preparation of Renewable Thiol-Yne “Click” Networks Based on Fractionated Lignin for Anticorrosive Protective Film Applications, Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2022, 223, 13, 2100461 (open access, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/macp.202100461);
- M. A. Jedrzejczyk, P. D. Kouris, M. D. Boot, E. J. M. Hensen, K. V. Bernaerts, Renewable Thiol–yne “Click” Networks Based on Propargylated Lignin for Adhesive Resin Applications, ACS Appl. Polym. Mater. 2022, 4, 4, 2544–2552 (open access, https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acsapm.1c01853);
- M. A. Jedrzejczyk, S. Van den Bosch, J. Van Aelst, K. Van Aelst, P. D. Kouris, M. Moalin, G. R. M. M. Haenen, M. D. Boot, E. J. M. Hensen, B. Lagrain, B. F. Sels, K. V. Bernaerts, Lignin-Based Additives for Improved Thermo-Oxidative Stability of Biolubricants, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2021, 9, 37, 12548–12559 (open access, https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acssuschemeng.1c02799);
- M. A. Jedrzejczyk, J. Engelhardt, M. R. Djokic, V. Bliznuk, K. M. Van Geem, A. Verberckmoes, J. De Clercq, K. V. Bernaerts, Development of Lignin-Based Mesoporous Carbons for the Adsorption of Humic Acid, ACS Omega 2021, 6, 23, 15222–15235 (open access, https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acsomega.1c01475);
- H. Abramczyk, M. Kopec, M. Jedrzejczyk, Raman Spectroscopy, Medical Applications: A New Look Inside Human Body With Raman Imaging, In: Encyclopedia of Spectroscopy and Spectrometry (Third Edition), Academic Press, 2017, 915–918 (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780124095472121596).
- English (fluent)
- Dutch (intermediate)
- Polish (native)