He has extended his knowledge in areas such as gene therapy, neurology, virology, microbiology, immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, diagnostics and medical biotechnology. He started his PhD in 2015 at the gene therapy company uniQure, where he was responsible for development of RNAi-based gene therapies for differed neurodegenerative disorders. Here he also had the opportunity to support the IP department and became aware that R&D and IP go hand in hand.
Raygene joined V.O. in 2019 as trainee patent attorney . He enjoys being at the interface between science and Patent Law.
- PhD in RNAi-based gene therapies for neurodegenerative disorders, Leiden U niversity/uniQure (2020)
- MSc in Biomolecular Sciences, VU Amsterdam (2013)
- BSc in Biotechnologie, Noordelijke Hogeschool Leeuwarden (2009)
- Martier R, Liefhebber JM, Miniarikova J, van der Zon T, Snapper J, Kolder I, Konstantinova P. (2019). Artificial MicroRNAs Targeting C9orf72 Can Reduce Accumulation of Intra-nuclear Transcripts in ALS and FTD Patients. Mol. Ther. Nucleic. Acids.14: 593-608.
- Martier R, Liefhebber JM, Garcia-Osta A, Miniarikova J, Cuadrado-Tejedor M, Espelosin M, Konstantinova P. (2019). Targeting RNA-Mediated toxicity in C9orf72 ALS and/or FTD by RNAi-Based gene Therapy. Mol. Ther. Nucleic. Acids.16: 26-37
- Martier R, Sogorb Gonzalez M, Stricker-Shaver J, Hübener-Schmid J, Keskin S, Witjas J, van Deventer SJ, Konstantinova P, Phuc Nguyen H, Evers MM. (2019). Development of an AAV-based microRNA gene therapy to treat Machado-Joseph disease. Mol. Ther. Methods & Clinical Development Acids. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omtm.2019.10.008.
- Pietersz KL, Martier R, Baatje SM, Liefhebber JM, Brouwers CC, Pouw SM, Fokkert L, Lubelski J, Petry H, Martens GJM, van Deventer SJ, Konstantinova P, Blits B. (2019). Transduction patterns in the CNS following various routes of AAV-5-mediated gene delivery. Gene Ther. Under submission.
- Liefhebber, J., Martier, R., Van der Zon, T., Keskin, S., Huseinovic, A., Lubelski, J., Blits, B., Petry, H., Konstantinova, P. (2019) In depth characterization of a Mifepristone regulated expression system for AAV5-mediated gene therapy in the liver. Mol. Ther. Methods & Clinical Development.13: 512-525.
- Keskin S, Brouwers CC, Sogorb-Gonzalez M, Martier R, Depla JA, Vallès A, van Deventer SJ, Konstantinova P, Evers MM. (2019) AAV5-miHTT lowers huntingtin mRNA and protein without off-target effects in patientderived neuronal cultures and astrocytes. Mol. Ther: Methods & Clinical Development. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omtm.2019.09.010.
- Miniarikova J, Zimmer V, Martier R, Brouwers C. C, Pythoud C, Richetin K, Konstantinova P. (2017). AAV5-miHTT gene therapy demonstrates suppression of mutant huntingtin aggregation and neuronal dysfunction in a rat model of Huntington’s disease. Gene Ther. 24: 630-639.
- Miniarikova J, Zanella I, Huseinovic A, van der Zon T, Hanemaaijer E, Martier R, Konstantinova P. (2016). Design, Characterization, and Lead Selection of Therapeutic miRNAs Targeting Huntingtin for Development of Gene Therapy for Huntington’s Disease. Mol. Ther. Nucleic Acids: e297.
- MacZuga P, Verheij J, Van Der Loos C, Van Logtenstein R, Hooijer G, Martier R, Konstantinova P. (2014). Therapeutic expression of hairpins targeting apolipoprotein B100 induces phenotypic and transcriptome changes in murine liver. Gene. Ther. 21: 60-70.
- Staszewski O, Baker RE, Ucher AJ, Martier R, Stavnezer J, Guikema JEJ. (2011). Activation-Induced Cytidine Deaminase Induces Reproducible DNA Breaks at Many Non-Ig Loci in Activated B Cells. Molecular Cell. 41(2): 232-242.