Provision of data and secrecy
Parties will comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Relations and responsibilities
- The work to be done by V.O. as ordered by Client, may imply the sharing of personal data of inventors, applicants, contact persons and other persons associated with Client or its representative. In order to properly fulfill its tasks, to render IP services as requested by Client and to meet applicable formal requirements, V.O. must sometimes process personal data of individuals related to Client.
- Regarding the obtaining, defending, maintaining, assigning or commercializing of Client’s IP rights, Client authorizes V.O. to use relevant personal data in rendering IP services and to forward said data to official IP authorities or to foreign IP law firms engaged by V.O., whenever necessary to obtain, defend, maintain, assign or commercialize Client’s IP rights at home or abroad.
- Data protection
- V.O. has appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect personal data against theft and unauthorized use.
- V.O. has appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed, taking into account regulatory retention periods.
Legal grounds for processing
Client and V.O. acknowledge that all data processing with regard to obtaining, defending, maintaining, assigning or commercializing Client’s IP rights, complies with rules imposed by official IP authorities, and that these data are necessary for the proper rendering of IP services.
- V.O. will collect, store and process Client’s personal data solely for the sake of obtaining, defending, maintaining, assigning or commercializing IP rights on behalf of Client.
- If Client’s order implies work in foreign jurisdictions, V.O. may have to engage foreign IP law firms with whom V.O. must share relevant data. Other than that, V.O. will not provide any personal data to third parties without the permission of Client, unless V.O. is allowed / obliged to do so based on another legal ground.
To be able to identify the effectiveness of the website, V.O. uses the service Google Analytics. To that end, V.O. has entered into a processing agreement with Google. In compliance with the GDPR, the following measures have been taken for the use of the service:
- The final octet of the IPaddress has been masked.
- The function ‘Share data’ has been turned off.
- V.O. does not make use of any other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookies.