Marco Box started his career as a patent attorney in 2003 after having worked in engineering. Having a background in physics and instrument design/engineering Marco has a broad understanding of all aspects of mechanical, electronic and information technology.
Marco is experienced in the fields of optics, software, general mechanics and fine-mechanical constructions.
In addition, he has specialized in physical and electrical systems and computer systems. He has been involved in a number of infringement cases, e.g. in digital sound / image processing and telecommunications, as well as oppositions. Marco is Head of the Leuven office of V.O.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2003-present)
- Engineer, Frencken Mechatronics (2000-2003)
- Instrument Designer, Optel (1997-2000)
- Technological Design, Stan Ackermans Institute (1997)
- MSc in Applied Physics, Eindhoven University of Technology (1994)
- Head of the Leuven office, Marco Box draws on his engineering background to quickly get to grips with his clients’ technologies and always puts himself in their position, thinking strategically and globally about IP value creation (IAM Patent 1000, 2019).
- Leuven team captain Marco Box’s encyclopaedic knowledge of mechanics and IT “earned him a well-deserved promotion to partner last year and prestige as a go-to guy in these fields”. Box is currently educating inventors on the potential for patenting software to rapidly increase the number of filings in this sector (IAM Patent 1000, 2018).
- Marco Box is a physics, mechanics and electronics maven who has lately been concentrating on software-related patents. The judicious drafter also knows his way around opposition proceedings. He recently obtained technology rights for 3ax BV’s pioneering bicycle pedal (IAM Patent 1000, 2017).