Marco Box started his career as a patent attorney in 2003 after having worked in engineering. Having a background in physics and instrument design/engineering Marco has a broad understanding of all aspects of mechanical, electronic and information technology.
Marco is experienced in the fields of optics, software, general mechanics and fine-mechanical constructions.
In addition, he has specialized in physical and electrical systems and computer systems. He has been involved in a number of infringement cases, e.g. in digital sound / image processing and telecommunications, as well as oppositions. Marco is Head of the Leuven office of V.O.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (2003-present)
- Engineer, Frencken Mechatronics (2000-2003)
- Instrument Designer, Optel (1997-2000)
- Technological Design, Stan Ackermans Institute (1997)
- MSc in Applied Physics, Eindhoven University of Technology (1994)
- Leuven team captain Marco Box’s encyclopaedic knowledge of mechanics and IT “earned him a well-deserved promotion to partner last year and prestige as a go-to guy in these fields”. Box is currently educating inventors on the potential for patenting software to rapidly increase the number of filings in this sector (IAM Patent 1000, 2018).
- Marco Box is a physics, mechanics and electronics maven who has lately been concentrating on software-related patents. The judicious drafter also knows his way around opposition proceedings. He recently obtained technology rights for 3ax BV’s pioneering bicycle pedal (IAM Patent 1000, 2017).