Otto Oudshoorn joined V.O. in 1998. He studied chemical engineering and obtained his PhD in the field of catalysis. Otto’s expertise is in the field of chemical patents, with an emphasis on process and food technology.
His practice further includes the handling of supplementary protection certificates (SPCs) and restoration requests.
He has extensive experience in oral (opposition) proceedings and litigation before the Dutch patent court.Otto’s portfolio contains the full spectrum of innovative clients, ranging from startup businesses to multinationals, from universities to research institutions
Otto is editor in chief of the newsletter IP Leads and member of the board of directors of V.O. He is head of the Section Chemistry & Life Sciences.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (1998-present)
- PhD in Chemistry, Delft University of Technology (1998)
MSc in Chemical technology and materials science, Delft University of Technology (1993)
- Otto Oudshoorn, working alongside Bernard Ledeboer on the China Desk, is a chemical engineering champ for whom SPCs are a specialist subject (IAM Patent 1000, 2017).
- Otto Oudshoorn is a high-flying chemist. He is pragmatic and keen, and his advice is always clear and easy to read (IAM Patent 1000, 2016).
- Chemical maven Otto Oudshoorn also has extensive experience in oppositions and litigations; at any given time, he has a sizeable docket of supplementary protection certificate cases on the go. He is also the man behind the success of a dedicated China desk (IAM Patent 1000, 2015).
- G.B.F. Seijger, O.L. Oudshoorn, A. Boekhorst, H. van Bekkum, C.M. van den Bleek, H.P.A. Calis, Chem. Eng. Sci., 56 (2001) 849.
- Z. Shan, W.E.J. van Kooten, O.L. Oudshoorn, J.C. Jansen, H. van Bekkum, C.M. van den Bleek, H.P.A. Calis, Microporous Mesoporous Mater., 34 (2000) 81
- G.B.F. Seijger, O.L. Oudshoorn, W.E.J. van Kooten, J.C. Jansen, H. van Bekkum, C.M. van den Bleek, H.P.A. Calis, Microporous Mesoporous Mater., 39 (2000) 195.
- O. L. Oudshoorn, M. Janissen, W. E. J. van Kooten, J. C. Jansen, H. van Bekkum, C. M. van den Bleek, H. P. A. Calis, Chem. Eng. J. 54 (1999) 1413.
- O.L. Oudshoorn, Zeolitic Coatings applied in Structured Catalyst Packings, Ph.D. Thesis, Delft University of Technology, 1998.
- Calis, Hans Peter; Oudshoorn, Otto L.; Gerritsen, Albert W.; Jansen, Koos J. C.; van den Bleek, Cor M.; van Bekkum, Herman; Anwendung von Zeolithen bei der selektiven katalytischen Reduktion von NOx in Industrieabgasen; Chemie Ingenieur Technik – CIT 67 (1995), S. 777-780