In 2016, V.O. will celebrate its centenary! The company was incorporated in 1916 under the name Vereenigde Octrooibureaux. Over all those years, V.O. has developed into a major player in the field of patents and trademarks.
The company kept its original name until 2000. Between 2000 and 2013, it used the name ‘Vereenigde’ and then changed it officially to V.O. on 30 March 2013, with the addition of the phrase Patents & Trademarks. The new name is clearer, in particular for international clients. The anniversary year will be marked by the publication of an anniversary book that will highlight the company history of V.O.