Johannes van Melle
- Mechanics, Physics and Electronics
- Patent Attorney , Partner
- Eindhoven (NL), Leuven (BE)
- +31 40 250 33 10
- "It is my working experience through the cycle of many startups that has taught me the value of IP"
Johannes van Melle started his career as a patent attorney in 1998 after having worked in an internet startup. As a physicist, Johannes has a broad focus on all aspects of high tech, in particular informatics and semiconductors, optics, fluid systems and mechatronics.
Since the start of the office on the High Tech Campus Eindhoven in 2006, Johannes’ focus has been on research and startup companies. As such he has worked through the cycle of many startups and spinouts and familiarized himself with their specific IP needs for professionalizing their business.
Johannes has been involved in a number of infringement cases, typically related to memory management, semiconductor layout and set top box technology.
Johannes is head of the Eindhoven office of V.O.
- Patent Attorney, V.O. (1998-present)
- Kluwer Research (1993-1998)
- LLM in Dutch law, software and product liability, University of Utrecht (1993)
- MSc in Theoretical physics, University of Utrecht (1991), particle physics, Hamiltonian walks and scaling
- European Patent Attorney
- Dutch Patent Attorney
- Appliances / electronics
- Biomedical technology
- Electrical engineering
- Information technology
- Law, Dutch
- Nuclear physics
- Einerhand M.P.W. and van Melle, J (2004): Patenting of inventions in the field of bio-informatics. In: The new avenues in Bioinformatics, (Seckbach, J and Rubin, E eds), Kluwer Academic Publishers, the Netherlands.
- Pulse shape analysis of CsI(Ti)-PD signals induced by 6-20 MeV alpha-particals and protons, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Reasearch A277 (1989-584) (Van Melle, Kamermans et al.)
- Market Entry – Eindhoven, June 2012
- Patent Awareness – Eindhoven, October 2012
- Strategic Filing of Patents – Brussels, December 2012